Well, I finally made it. This is officially my 100th post on this blog. Yea, me! In the overall scope of the universe it doesn’t mean much, but I figure any excuse for a celebration is a good one. To celebrate my (not so) amazing feat of reaching a numerical landmark, I’ve decided to tell my latest adventure By The Numbers.
My current project is to build a darkroom in my basement. Here’s how it’s playing out:
- 37: The approximate number of paint cards I studied (i.e., fretted over) to get just the right color for the walls.
- 3: The number of weeks I fretted over the paint cards.
- 5: The number of trips to Lowes (so far) to complete the project.
- 6: The number of door frames I had to tape and edge paint around. Yikes!!! I greatly dislike taping and edging!
- 2: The number of gallons of paint I had to buy for the walls in this small space, thanks to how saturated the color is. After all, a light, bright room makes a pretty lousy dark room!
- 10: The percent of the second gallon of paint that was actually needed to finish covering the walls! (Ho hum…)
- 19: The number of splotches of wall paint I got on the ceiling that I now need to paint over.
- 3: The number of pieces of clothing I can no longer wear in public, thanks to the generous quantity of paint splatters on them. The list includes a tank top, a pair of shorts, and one Nike. The left one, to be exact. Actually, the Nike doesn’t exactly have splatters; it has smears from where I scooted through a paint splotch on the floor while edging the baseboards. Oops!
- 184.01: How much God likes me. I know this, because that was the discount we got on a $204 cabinet for the darkroom. Yes, that’s right; we paid just $19.99 for a $204 cabinet. It has a piece broken on one of the doors, which will be easily fixed with a little wood glue. Yea, God!
On a different, yet slightly related topic:
- 7: The number of times I’ve taken the drive to Valley Forge, PA in an attempt to get this shot right. And counting…
So there you have it. My life by the numbers. Maybe I should have ordered balloons… 😉