We just got back from Kansas City, and I must admit I am even more in love with the IHOP community than ever before. Here are the new reasons I found:
- You gotta love a community where total strangers come up to you to say how awesome your kids are.
- You gotta love a community that embraces adopting orphans the way the rest of the country embraces buying your own kids a Wii.
- You gotta love a community where the adults are full of child-like enthusiasm and the kids are full of adult-like wisdom.
- You gotta love a community that doesn’t shrink from Scripture, even when the message doesn’t fit with our feel-good, politically-correct-until-you-die way of thinking.
- You gotta love a community that includes a coffee shop that sells breakfast in the morning, and then again in the afternoon for people who aren’t morning people.
- You gotta love a community that teaches people to aim at “excellence”, while encouraging them to “press delete” and try again when they fail.
- You gotta love a community where a short walk down the hallway, at any time of the day or night, will allow you to overhear bits and pieces of conversation like, “Well, I always thought the pre-trib theory had a lot of validity, but I was reading in ‘Daniel’ and…”
What is there to say but, “Gotta love it!”